About the Pose:
Side Reclining Leg Lift or Anantasana Yoga Pose is an important yoga pose. This pose is also called Sleeping Vishnu Pose because this Pose is named after Lord Vishnu (A Hindu God). Doing Anantasana Yoga Pose is very beneficial for our body.
By doing this yoga pose, there is good circulation of blood throughout the body. This pose improves the pelvic muscles and also promotes the function of the prostate gland. In the English language, it is also called Side Reclining Leg Lift Pose.
There are many benefits to the body by this pose. This pose strengthens the muscles It is very effective. Let us know in detail about the method of doing Side Reclining Leg Lift or Anantasana Yoga Pose and its benefits.
How to do Side Reclining Leg Lift or Anantasana Yoga Pose step-by-step
• First of all, lay the yoga mat and sit on it.
• After this, lie on the back and take the right side.
• Now raise the head with the help of the right palm.
• Keep in mind that the elbows remain stable on the ground.
• Place the left palm on the ground near the chest, if you can, then straighten the legs.
• After this, lift your left leg up and then slowly lower it down.
• Do this at least three times.
• Then rotate the foot through the hip joint in a circular shape.
• Do this 5 to 6 times in one direction and after doing it rotate in the other direction.
• Then slowly bring the foot down and rest for a while.
• Now turn around and take a left turn.
• Now repeat this process on the left side as well.
• Afterwards lie down on your back and take a rest.
Benefits of Side Reclining Leg Lift or Anantasana Yoga Pose:
1. Blood circulation will be better
Side Reclining Leg Lift or Anantasana Yoga Pose is very beneficial for better blood circulation throughout the body. To do this yoga pose, you have to raise your legs and arms so that a good amount of blood reaches the whole body below you. It also helps in the development of the pelvic region.
2. Keep Muscles Safe
Side Reclining Leg Lift yoga pose protects the muscles in the legs, especially the knees, ankles, and thighs. Apart from this, the torso and lower back are strengthened by this yoga. The muscles of the hips, spine, and chest get a good stretch by practicing this Yoga Pose.
3. Beneficial for Digestion
Side Reclining Leg Lift yoga pose strengthens our digestive system and keeps the digestive system healthy. Regular practice of this yoga pose gets rid of the gas produced in the stomach, as well as it is comfortable for other stomach problems like constipation, indigestion, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, etc.
4. Strengthen Thighs
Side Reclining Leg Lift yoga pose is effective in strengthening the muscles of your thighs. It strengthens your hips. Stretches the hamstrings. It also cures back pain. It reduces the weight of your hips and thighs.
5. Effective for blood pressure
Side Reclining Leg Lift yoga pose is considered very good for controlling high blood pressure. Apart from this, this yoga pose helps in curing arthritis, colitis, and sciatica. This pose also helps in curing disorders related to the uterus, bladder, ovaries, and prostate.
Precaution while doing Side Reclining Leg Lift or Anantasana Yoga Pose:
• Avoid practicing this pose if you have neck or shoulder pain.
• If you have spondylitis, slip disc, or sciatica problem, then you should not do this yoga pose.
• People who have any diseases related to the spine or waist, those people should not do this yoga pose.
• If you are troubled by any stomach problem or are suffering from any other serious disease, then you should avoid doing this yoga pose.
• Try to do this yoga pose only under the guidance of a yoga instructor.
Things to keep in mind before doing Side Reclining Leg Lift or Anantasana Yoga Pose:
- If there is a problem in moving the legs upwards while practicing this pose, then do not exert more force than the physical capacity.
- It would be better to lift the leg as high as you can easily lift it in the beginning.
- If you feel discomfort or pain while practicing this pose, leave the pose immediately.
- The practice of this pose should always be done on an empty stomach and one should not wear tight clothes during its practice.
RELATED: 8 Best Jal Neti Pot Review 2021
Poses to be done before before Side Reclining Leg Lift or Anantasana Yoga Pose:
• Triangle Pose
• Reclined Big Toe Pose
Poses to be done before after Side Reclining Leg Lift or Anantasana Yoga Pose:
• Downward Dog Pose