About the Pose:
Garbha Pindasana or Garbhasanais known as or Embryo in Womb Pose in English. Garbh Pindasana is an amalgamation of 3 words – garbh, pind, and asana in which garbh means womb, pind means fetus and asana means yoga posture.
Regular practice of Garbh Pindasana or Embryo in Womb Pose brings stability to the body and mind and also balances the body. Due to which the concentration power increases.
Garbha Pindasana or Embryo in Womb Pose is a good posture to remove the excess fat stored in the abdomen. Garbha Pindasana or Embryo in Womb Pose is an advanced yoga pose that requires flexibility in the knees, hips, and ankles.
It is especially beneficial for pregnant women and can be practiced from the first trimester onwards. It is believed that this asana or pose helps in preparing the fetus for the correct position at the time of birth. Know about the method of doing Garbha Pindasana or Embryo in Womb Pose, its benefits,
and its precautions. Garbhasana or Embryo in Womb Pose is a Sanskrit word. Garbha means womb. Asana means posture. While attempting this asana or pose, the posture of the person’s body is similar to that of a baby in the womb. That is why this asana or pose is called garbhasana or Embryo in Womb Pose.
This asana or pose is very beneficial from the point of view of health. This asana or pose provides energy to the body. Of course, pregnancy is more important for women.
How to do Garbha Pindasana or Embryo in Womb Pose (step by step)
- To do Garbh Pindasana or Embryo in Womb Pose, first lay a mat or a mat on flat ground.
- After this, sit in the posture of padmasana.
- Then tilt the body slightly backward and bring the knees up towards the body.
- After this, remove the hands from the middle of the calves and thighs.
- Now bend the elbows and make the palms together.
- Keep in mind that in this position the tip of the fingers should remain upwards.
- Then gradually you can come back to the initial state.
- Repeat this action one to two times.
What are the Benefits of doing Garbha Pindasana or Embryo in Womb Pose?
Like all asanas or poses, the practice of Garbha Pindasana or Embryo in Womb Pose also has many benefits. Let us know how the body and mind get benefits from the daily practice of yoga.
- The process of digestion becomes very fast due to the effort of pregnancy. Due to which the problems related to digestion remain away.
- It increases the appetite of those who are less hungry by the practice of asana.
- With the continuous effort of this asana, the toes of the hands, thighs, feet, knees, waist, back ie activate the entire parts of the body.
- By which the whole body gets energy.
- Diseases related to the stomach such as constant pain in the stomach, problems like cramping in the stomach get rid of.
- The joints of our body are strong and flexible.
- This asana promotes the ability to control the mind. Extremely helpful in keeping focused.
- Problems like anxiety, anger are removed by the continuous effort of Garbha Pindasana or Embryo in Womb Pose.
- There is an increase of consciousness, vigor, and gaiety in the body.
- This asana removes the discomfort of vata, kapha, and pitta.
- This posture makes the body very beautiful and flexible.
- Garbha Pindasana or Embryo in Womb Pose is highly beneficial for women.
- This asana is helpful in controlling the senses and the mind.
Precautions to be taken during Garbha Pindasana or Embryo in Womb Pose:
- Pregnant women should not practice this asana.
- Apart from this, those with knee pain or knee operation should also not attempt pregnancy.
- People with severe back pain should also avoid doing this asana.
- Note, this asana should be attempted by only those people who can sit comfortably in the position of padmasana.
- Avoid doing this asana due to migraine problems, or diseases like insomnia or low blood pressure.
- Garbha Pindasana or Embryo in Womb Pose can be done properly only with continuous practice.