About the Pose:
Yoga and nutritious food is a good way to lead a healthy life. If you take out a few minutes in your daily routine for yoga in the morning or evening, then there is nothing better than this. A few minutes of yoga practice every day not only keeps the body fit but can also help in keeping the mind calm.
In this article on Yogatohealing, we are telling about one such asana or pose, which is called Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose. It is easy to do and can help in keeping many diseases away. In this article on Yogatohealing.
We will tell how to do Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose and the benefits of Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose as well as the precautions of Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose. The benefit of doing Gomukhasana is only when it is done regularly and at the same time, a balanced diet is also consumed.
What is Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose?
Gomukhasana is a Sanskrit word, which is made up of two words. The first word “gau” means “cow” and the second word “mukh” means “mouth”. The meaning of this asana or pose is like the mouth of a cow. It is known in English as Cow Face Pose.
The word ‘gau’ also means light. In this asana or pose, the thighs and both the hands are thin at one end and broad at the other end, due to which they appear like the face of a cow. This is the most popular asana or poses in the category of hatha yoga.
In doing this asana or pose, the position of the person looks like that of a cow. This yoga posture is very easy to do. Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose is also very beneficial for women. This asana or pose is very beneficial to reduce weight and to make your body beautiful. Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose strengthens the muscles of our shoulders and thighs.
Let us know in detail about how to do Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose, its benefits, and precautions.
How to do Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose (Step by Step)
- To do this asana or pose, you sit in Sukhasan or cross-legged posture by laying a mat in an open airy place.
- After this, drag your left leg towards your body and bring it to you.
- After that place your right foot on the thighs of the left leg and bring it to your body by pulling it too.
- Now place your right hand over the shoulder and bend the elbow and take it behind your back as much as possible.
- Now bend your left hand from the elbow and take it from the side of the stomach to the back.
- Now pull both hands and try to join them together. And clasp the hands behind the back.
- Now stay in this posture for some time and breathe 10-12 times.
- When you start feeling discomfort in this position, come back to your starting position. For this, open both your hands and straighten the legs.
Whate are the Benefits of doing Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose?
To keep the heart healthy
The benefits of Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose include keeping the heart-healthy. Actually, while doing this asana or pose, the flow of blood in the body is better. With this, the problem of high blood pressure can be avoided. High blood pressure is a condition that can cause heart problems.
Thus this asana or pose can be beneficial for the heart.
Promote body flexibility
Doing Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose can bring flexibility to the body. To confirm this, the scientist did research and later this research was published on the website of NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information). About 56 women aged 50 to 79 were included in this research.
All of them were done hatha yoga once a week for 90 minutes. It included many types of yoga asanas or poses including Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose. This yoga process lasted for about 20 weeks. After this, flexibility was found in the spine of these women. On this basis, it can be believed that by doing Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose, the body can become flexible.
For relief from stress and anxiety
Almost everyone is aware that yoga is the best way to get rid of stress and anxiety. The mind becomes calm through the breathing activity that occurs after doing Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose. This can get rid of all kinds of mental stress. Many other physical problems also start to go away by getting relief from stress.
Practicing yoga daily can strengthen not only the body but also the muscles. A research paper in this regard is also published on the website of NCBI. It has been told that doing hatha yoga daily for 12 weeks can bring many benefits to the body. These benefits also include muscle strength. At the same time,
it has been mentioned above in the article that Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose is also included in Hatha Yoga. Therefore, it can be believed that the benefits of Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose can be to strengthen the muscles. For now, further research is needed on this.
To Control Diabetes
If one does yoga regularly, then a problem like diabetes cannot bother. At the same time, if someone is suffering from diabetes, then Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose is no less than a boon for them. The problem of diabetes can be controlled by doing Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose.
A scientific study published on the NCBI website states that some yogasanas can provide some relief from diabetes. Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose is also included in these yogasanas. More research is needed on how this asana or pose benefits.
Precautions to be taken while doing Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose:
- If you have pain in the shoulder, neck, knee, then you should not do this asana or pose.
- If you are suffering from back pain, then you must consult a doctor before doing this asana.
- If you are a pregnant woman, then do not do this asana or pose in the first three months.
- If you are bleeding from piles, then you should not do this asana or pose.
- If there is a problem in holding the hand behind the back, then do not force it.
- If there is any kind of problem or pain in the spine, then do not do this asana or pose.