About The Pose:
Mandukasana or Frog Pose is one of the main postures of yoga. One who performs this asana or poses looks like a frog. Mandukasana or Frog Pose is beneficial for our body in many ways, the person doing this asana or pose remains free from problems like diabetes.
It helps in making your stomach flat by burning the extra fat from the abdomen. It tones the entire stomach area and cures all types of stomach-related diseases. Let us know in detail the way of doing Mandukasana or Frog Pose and its benefits.
What is Mandukasana or Frog Pose?
The word Mandukasana is derived from the Sanskrit language. It is made up of two words “Padduk” and “Asana” in which Manduk means “frog” and asana means “pose”. The person doing this posture looks like a frog in the position. This asana or pose is also known as Frog Pose in English.
This asana or pose is one of the important yoga poses to give a proper massage to the abdominal organs. It is a simple asana or pose that can be done by anyone in all age groups. Let us know in detail how to do this asana or pose.
RELATED: Top 20 Benefits of Cauliflower
How to do Mandukasana or Frog Pose:
- To do this asana or pose, first of all, lay a yoga mat on the floor and sit on it by bending both the legs and kneeling.
- You can also sit in Vajrasana posture to do Mandukasana or Frog Pose yoga.
- Place both your hands in front and place both the thumbs on the palm.
- Now close the fists of both hands by pressing the thumb with the fingers.
- Join the first fingers of both hands together and place them on your stomach near the navel.
- Now while exhaling, press the first on your stomach and bend forward.
- When you are in a forward bending position, hold your breath and keep looking straight.
- Stay in this position for some time (as much as you can).
- Then inhale and come back to the starting position (Vajrasana).
Benefits Of Doing Mandukasana or Frog Pose:
1. Helpful In Weight Loss
Mandukasana or Frog Posecontrols weight. Thus, it is effective for those who are craving weight loss and a flat stomach. It is also beneficial in case of constipation and indigestion. This easily reduces the extra fat from the thighs and hips.
2. Good In Reducing Stress
Mandukasana or Frog Pose can be practiced to relieve stress, anxiety, and depression. Traditional texts also state that this asana or pose helps to awaken Kundalini.
3. Beneficial In Diabetes
The benefits of Mandukasana or Frog Poseare increase the amount of insulin in the body. Hence it is beneficial to cure diabetes. This asana or pose improves the pancreas. It is effective for controlling high blood sugar and is also beneficial in heart diseases.
4. Some Other Important Benefits Of Doing Mandukasana or Frog Pose
- This asana or pose is useful for the flexibility of the thighs and legs.
- It cures the pain of ankles, knees, and back.
- Dislocated Naval can be improved by doing this asana or pose.
- These are beneficial asanas or poses for people suffering from asthma.
- If this asana is done correctly, it strengthens the back.
- Mandukasana or Frog Poseis good for the chest and shoulders.
- Regular practice of this asana or pose is helpful to reduce the effects of menstrual cramps.
Precautions While Doing Mandukasana or Frog Pose:
- A person who is suffering from stomach injury and any kind of back pain should not do this asana or pose.
- If you are troubled by knee pain, then you should not do this asana or pose.
- If you have a stomach ulcer then you should avoid the practice of this asana or pose.
- Do not put too much strain on your stomach during the asana or pose.
- If you are troubled by problems like high blood pressure, insomnia, migraine, then you should not do this asana or pose.
- Pregnant women should not do this asana or pose.
- Be sure to consult a doctor before practicing this asana or pose.
- Do this asana or pose in front of an instructor.
RELATED: 14 Best Yoga Books Review 2021